Wednesday, March 19, 2003

I am struggling to write tonight. My goal with this blog from the beginning was to be disciplined and write something at least semi-literate every day about a sport I've loved all my life. In many ways, I expect those thoughts to crossover and have some meaning about life in the greater sense. Tonight the greater sense about life is too overwhelming to ponder about something that seems as trivial as baseball.

I will not launch into a defense or argument against where the world finds itself. But I will comment that the hearts of most humans are for peace. There may be a percentage of humankind that finds these types of days exhilirating. But for most of us, these are days of unrest and quiet fear. All we ask is to have the chance to live our lives and find our purpose and meaning. All others ask is to simply enjoy the trip. Wherever you fall in that spectrum, these days disrupt that quiet hope and wish and give us instead a feeling of dread and uncertainty.

Perhaps you came here tonight to escape our world for a few moments. For most of the history of this blog, I hope that is what you find when you come. But for tonight, it's a time for drawing inward, for soul searching and for a desperate hope for peace.

No comments: