Let's hope Saturday goes better:
- The Mets over the Nationals: Two pitchers with ERAs of 5.23 and 6.43 don't make this pick any kind of joy. Going with the home team.
- The Blue Jays over the Twins: The Twins have lost a bunch lately haven't they? Marcum over Duensing.
- The Reds over the Brewers: The Reds will get to Capuano and Homer Bailey won't be among the Reds post season rotation so he has nothing to hold back.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Pettitte over Wakefield. The Yankees may be the worst knuckleball hitting team on the planet. But they find a way.
- The Rockies over the Cardinals: Ubaldo has one last chance at 20 wins. Lohse isn't much to get in his way.
- The Yankees over the Red Sox: Burnett. Ugh. Dice-K. Ugh. Geez.
- The Padres over the Giants: Got to like Stauffer over Zito. The Padres still have hope.
- The Orioles over the Tigers: The Tigers lost their claws when Cabrera got hurt. Matusz over Galarraga.
- The Braves over the Phillies: The Phillies are starting a kid named Vorley. The Braves start Hanson.
- The Indians over the White Sox: Carrasco over Buehrle but not a safe pick here at all.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Zambrano over Happ. Maybe this guy should be the Cubs' manager.
- The Royals over the Bay Rays: Sonnanstine gets the start? Doesn't look like the Bay Rays care where they finish.
- The Marlins over the Pirates: Senabia over Morton. Another terrible game to pick.
- The Angels over the Rangers: Santana wins. Why are the Rangers starting Wilson? It's not like they need the win.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Not another terrible game to pick! Billingsley and Saunders give this Fan a headache. Is it a coincidence that Kemp is playing better since Torre announced he won't be back?
And the Game of the Day
- The Athletics over the Mariners: Don't worry Seattle fans. Just two more days...
Week: 39-45 will take one heck of a day to rescue this one...
Games of the Day: 86-76