Thursday, April 10, 2014

MLB Game Picks - Thursday: April 10, 2014

Wednesday was a "kiss your sister" day as the picks went 8-8. Blech. There were quite a few dumb picks. I'll excuse them as Nyquil moments. Why not, because if I was in my right mind, I would not have made those. Yeah, okay, William. Whatever. 

 There are nine games on the schedule today and here are the picks:
  • The Athletics over the Twins: Mike Pelfrey and Dan Straily have an equal chance of pitching decently. But the Twins' offense is just awful and that determines the pick in the A's favor.
  • The Pirates over the Cubs: Gerrit Cole pitched really well in his first outing and the Cubs provide little obstacles offensively. I really like Travis Wood, but the poor guy pitches for the Cubs, so what are you going to do?
  • The Nationals over the Marlins: What is up with Stephen Strasburg? He was my big guy on my first ever fantasy baseball experience, but he has done very little. Where is the dominating guy we once knew? Tom Koehler is pretty good too, but going with the Nationals at home.
  • The Red Sox over the Yankees: One of my early obstacles thus far has been picking the Yankees every day and watching them lose. So I am going to stop that. Clay Buchholz over Michael Pineda.
  • The Phillies over the Brewers: Whenever Cliff Lee is on the mound, you have to favor the Phillies. The Brewers are hitting pretty well though and Marco Estrada had a good first outing.
  • The Blue Jays over the Astros: The Blue Jays have gotten fat on the Astros all week, so why should tonight be any different? R.A. Dickey goes against Dallas Keuchel.
  • The Braves over the Mets: David Hale of the Braves has made three starts in his Major League career and has given up one run. Until that streak ends, it's hard to pick against him. Jenrry Mejia has a big arm for the Mets though.
  • The Indians over the White Sox: I feel like the White Sox are better offensively and are more dynamic, but their pitching has gotten worse. Danny Salazar over John Danks, a guy I never count on to do well.
  • The Giants over the Diamondbacks: Yeah, the Dbacks are starting to recover from their bumpy start. But Randall Delgado does not fill me with good feelings. Then again, neither does Ryan Vogelsong these days.
Yesterday: 8-8, Games of the Day: 4-4, Season: 77-54

No comments: