Friday, May 15, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Friday, May 15, 2015

Alas, my streak is over. As the Cal Ripken of bloggers, I hadn't missed a game during the season for over four years. But the wifi at the hotel I stayed (The Senator Inn) was wofo and was unusable during the times I needed to get my posts done.  I was proud of that streak. Oh well.
Friday's picks:
  • The Cubs over the Pirates: The Cubbies are hot and just swept the Mets. I'm not sure how well Kyle Hendricks will do, but I think the big bats of the Cubs will get to Jeff Locke.
  • The Diamondbacks over the PhilliesChase Anderson has been pitching very well and although I root hard for comeback kids like Chad Billingsley, I think the D-Backs with this game.
  • The Orioles over the AngelsJered Weaver tried to tell me his last time out that he was not done as a MLB pitcher. I'm not convinced. Wei-Yin Chen needs to pitch well to keep this pick on track.
  • The Marlins over the BravesDavid Phelps has been holding his own and I'm sure he likes that big ballpark compared to Yankee Stadium. Julio Teheran is a tough customer though.
  • The Mets over the Brewers: The Legend of Shrek...er...Bartolo Colon continues, especially at home. Kyle Lohse will feel the Mets' wrath after they were swept by the Cubs.
  • The Giants over the Reds: I have to go with Madison Bumgarner here even if he is pitching in that little band box in Cinci. Jason Marquis goes for the Reds.
  • The Rangers over the Indians: If you pitch with your left hand, you can pitch forever if you want to. Take Wandy Rodriguez and Bruce Chen. They still have jobs after throwing soft junk for years.
  • The Yankees over the Royals: Two undefeated pitchers who are both very tall. Michael Pineda versus Chris Young. There will be two Chris Youngs at the game. Confusing.
  • The Twins over the Rays: There are former Yankees everywhere! Too bad they can't develop ballplayers and pitchers (sarcasm). Phil Hughes at home and not in April is a good pick here. Jake Odorizzi has been pitching pretty well.
  • The Astros over the Blue Jays: This pick isn't against R.A. Dickey because last time I did that, he won and I was stupid. This is more a pick for Dallas Keuchel who has become one of the league's best starters.
  • The Tigers over the Cardinals: The Tigers go flat once in a while, but when their offense is clicking (read Miguel Cabrera), they are pretty unstoppable. I think they will get to Carlos Martinez and Shane Greene will be good enough to win.
  • The White Sox over the AthleticsCarlos Rodon sure was impressive in his first start. I am excited about him. I am not as excited about Chaka Jesse Hahn. I'm going with the White Sox.
  • The Red Sox over the Mariners: The Red Sox have been playing well since their players only meeting. And Clay Buchholz pitched well his last time out. Besides, I think they will hit J.A. Happ.
  • The Dodgers over the RockiesClayton Kershaw pitching in Coors is one thing. Him pitching at home is another. He has to be the pick here. Eddie Butler has been hit or miss in his starts.
And the Pick of the Day:
The other day: 9-6, May: 91-74, Season: 255-239, Picks of the Day: 20-17

No comments: