Either way, it's Memorial Day, and that still means something to this old Fan. The sacrifice of men like the Fan's Dad, and of so many other men and women who have served this country makes this one of the most emotional holidays there is. The Fan hopes you take a moment today and express a word of gratitude for all those who have served our country throughout the years.
Here are today's picks:
- The Astros over the Reds: Wandy is pitching for the Astros and that usually means good things.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: The Blue Jays finally get a softer opponent and should take advantage of the breather.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: The Fan really should pick Gallardo as he seems to be coming into his own. But Carpenter is pitching for the Cardinals and that always seems to mean something special.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: Hughes seems to pitch better on the road and Harrison doesn't seem likely to hold back the Yankee lineup.
- The Tigers over the Royals: The Fan has been trashed lately whenever picking Gil (ga) Meche to win. Plus, Verlander is pitching for the Tigers.
- The Red Sox over the Twins: Brad Penny is probably making his last start for the Red Sox. Liriano just hasn't been that good for the Twins.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Just have a feeling De La Rosa might have a big game.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: Like Davis over Gaudin. Has anyone noticed that Adrian Gonzalez has 16 homers already?
- The Braves over the Giants: Vasquez is a new man. At least until the playoffs (if Atlanta gets there).
- The Mariners over the A's: The Fan made fun of Jakubauskas his last outing and Jakubauskas made the Fan look stupid. Not picking against him again.
- The Indians over the Bay Rays: David Price makes his debut for the season for the Bay Rays and that is Rule #4.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: The Fan believes that Jamie Moyer's brilliant career is now over.
- The Nationals over the Mets: Lannon is going to make this the upset of the day.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: Like Maholm over Dempster.
- The Angels over the White Sox: Danks has been suspect and Santana has been very good.