There has to be some kind of fine line between managing your personnel and winning games. The American League West is wide open with a lot of mediocrity (though the Rangers might be better than mediocre). Don't you want your team to win as many games as possible? Isn't that worth the risk of letting a pitcher throw 110 whole pitches instead of 94?
Anyway, rant over. Now on with today's picks:
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Well, the Brewers had fun for a little while. Wellemeyer should beat Parra.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: The losing streak has to end some time. What better way to break the skid than pitch Halladay against the Orioles.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Porcello against Davies. Porcello should dominate the weak hitting Royals.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: Zack Duke is currently better than Zambrano who hasn't heated up yet.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Are the Dodgers really this good or are they simply better than a really bad National League West?
- The Mariners over the A's: Another Bedard crap shoot. Oy!
- The Phillies over the Marlins: Myers should beat Badenhop. Isn't the latter pitcher's name a great name for unearned runs?
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: The Indians are playing better. Maybe the Fan was wrong about Pavano. Hmm.. Anyway, the Indians are pitching another green pitcher.
- The Mets over the Nationals: If the Mets don't boot the ball around too much while Santana is pitching...
- The Astros over the Reds: Never like the Reds' chances when Arroyo is pitching.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: Burnett has to have a dominant game some time. Holland has been good for the Rangers but...
- The Twins over the Red Sox: Still not confident in Dice-K nor the Red Sox lineup.
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: Peavy against a greenie.
- The Angels over the White Sox: Gavin Floyd was much better last time out. But still have more confidence in Weaver.
- The Braves over the Giants: This is Randy Johnson's turn for a bad outing in what has been a remarkably consistent Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde season. Mr. Hyde's turn to come out to play.