Saturday, April 11, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Saturday: April 11, 2015

Another day. Another unsuccessful day as the picks slipped below .500 again. What a terrible time I'm having here. I was 6-2 at one point yesterday and it all went downhill from there.  I am very happy for Brandon Morrow who pitched very well.  That was fun.
Since I am not having any fun, I'll get right to the picks for Saturday:
  • The Red Sox over the Yankees: I don't believe in Adam Warren as a starter. I think the Red Sox will kill him and then who will be left to relieve? I'm not sure how ready Joe Kelly is either. But the Red Sox at least have an offense.
  • The Reds over the CardinalsMichael Wacha will probably pitch pretty well. But Johnny Cueto will pitch even better. Think how good Cueto must be to pitch as well as he does with half his games in that bandbox.
  • The Twins over the White Sox: I really wonder about how well Jeff Samardzija is. I cannot remember the last time he pitched a good game. Mike Pelfrey is even riskier, but gee, the White Sox are digging a hole so far.
  • The Athletics over the Mariners: I love me some Sonny Gray. He is my super good luck charm. J.A. Happ somehow keeps his career going, year after year.
  • The Tigers over the Indians: Super great match-up between David Price and Corey Kluber. When both pitchers cancel each other out, go with the better team. The Tigers are the better team...again...so far...
  • The Marlins over the Bay Rays: The battle for Florida continues and I have to go with the Marlins again. At home and with the better team, the only question is Jarred CosartChris Archer seems to have lost a bit of his mojo.
  • The Blue Jay over the OriolesUbaldo Jimenez could get beat up pretty good in this one. The Blue Jays' offense is killer. A lot will depend on Aaron Sanchez, a big-time arm who is very young.
  • The Nationals over the Phillies: The Nationals have had a lackluster start. Good old Doug Fister to the rescue. Cole Hamels was not good his first time out. But that should be an anomaly and not the norm.
  • The Braves over the Mets: Here we were wondering how bad the Braves were going to be and they came out this season gangbusters. Julio Teheran is very good and Dillon Gee has been in and out of good health. The Braves roll.
  • The Pirates over the Brewers: Will the Brewers win a game this season? I'm not so sure. They sure look awful. But the law of averages starts to weigh heavy and they have to win sooner or later. With Jimmy Nelson on the mound, it probably won't be today. Vance Worley goes for the Pirates.
  • The Rangers over the AstrosYovani Gallardo did not have a good start his first time out. But I still like him better than Roberto Hernandez. The Rangers are at home. Seriously, this game could go either way.
  • The Rockies over the Cubs: The Rockies are on fire and the last time I picked against Kyle Kendrick, I paid for it. Jason Hammel is pretty reliable, but things aren't going well for the Cubs so far. Of course, everything could blow up in Coors.
  • The Padres over the GiantsJames Shields makes his second National League start and I think he will pitch well today against the Giants. Madison Bumgarner is a tough cookie though. I'm still going with the Padres.
  • The Royals over the AngelsJeremy Guthrie and Jered Weaver will have a slow ball contest. Can you say, "wily?"  The Royals are flying high, so that's the pick.
And the Pick of the Day
  • The Dodgers over the DiamondbacksArchie Bradley makes his MLB debut today for the D-Backs. He was a number one pick and was born in the 1990s. From what I see, he has command issues. Clayton Kershaw should bounce back nicely from his opening start and win this one.
Yesterday: 7-8, Season: 26-35, Picks of the Day: 1-4

No comments: