Tuesday, April 07, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Tuesday: April 7, 2015

Well...I'm not off to a great start this season. It seems like we must have broken a record for Opening Day shutouts. There were a bunch of them! Bartolo Colon and Kyle Kendrick made me eat my words. And I guess I deserved that comeuppance.
But onward we go. Tuesday's picks:
  • The Marlins over the Braves: I have no real feel for this one. Mat Latos verses Alex Wood seems like a wash to me. I'll go with the Marlins as the home team. But I was wrong yesterday...
  • The Orioles over the Bay Rays: The Rays and Yankees might be the two worst offensive teams in the AL East. Wei-Yin Chen has a proven track record and Nathan Karns is a bit of a package we are waiting to open to see what's inside.
  • The Cardinals over the Cubs: The Cubbies looked pretty awful on Sunday night. Jake Arrieta gives them a fighting chance. But I don't think the Cubs will hit Lance Lynn. We've got ten more days of this, Cubs fans.
  • The Brewers over the Rockies: This pick could not have been more wrong yesterday. Wow, what a slaughter. Matt Garza does not thrill me. But then again, neither does Jordan Lyles. The Brewers might be a bad team...
  • The Giants over the Diamondbacks: I've never had a lot of confidence in Ryan Vogelsong. But there he is year after year with the Giants. My mouth still has a sour taste for Rubby De La Rosa after his season a year ago.
  • The Athletics over the Rangers: Jesse "Chaka" Hahn was a good luck charm last year, so I have to go with him. Lucky charms aside, I'll take him any day over Colby Lewis.
  • The Mariners over the Angels: The M's made a pretty good opening statement yesterday and James Paxton is another great arm. C.J. Wilson has caught a lot of grief this spring for a guy who has been successful in Los Angeles of Anaheim or something or other.
And the Pick of the Day
Yesterday: 7-7, Season: 8-7, Picks of the Day: 0-1

No comments: