Thursday, September 11, 2014

MLB Game Picks - Thursday: September 11, 2014

Never forget.
Several streaks ended for me yesterday. The first was the Game of the Day feature. I picked Oakland and their offense again took a dive and the streak ends at seven. I also had a two-day hot streak with the picks. That ended with a crash of a 6-8 day (one postponement). And lastly, the puppy had gone two good days in a row, but yesterday wasn't a good day. Puppies will be puppies. By the way, his name is Jeter.
Oh! Nick Tropeano beat the odds yesterday. Congrats to him.
Thursday's picks:
  • The Indians over the Twins: These two teams play two today after getting rained out yesterday. Kyle Gibson now picks up Corey Kluber. Those are the breaks.
  • The Indians over the Twins: I'm feeling a sweep here. As mentioned yesterday, T.J. House is putting things together nicely and I have no trouble picking against Ricky Nolasco.
  • The Reds over the Cardinals: Okay. Now the Cardinals have me confused again. They were starting to roll and headed into play one of the most struggling teams in the first half. And they lose. Now they face Johnny CuetoLance Lynn can save them though...and defeat me.
  • The White Sox over the AthleticsChris Sale has nine no-decisions this season. Sheesh. If you look at all his numbers, they are just sick. They are like video game numbers. He is so good. Scott Kazmir goes for the A's.
  • The Giants over the Diamondbacks: I picked the Diamondbacks yesterday. That was dumb. Jake Peavy has been really good for the Giants. I am a bit worried about picking all home teams thus far and about how well Randall Delgado pitched in his first start last week.
  • The Pirates over the PhilliesA.J. Burnett has been on the every-other-merry-go-round in his last four starts. This would be the bad turn. But who knows with Burnett...ever. Francisco Liriano will give the Phillies some problems.
  • The Nationals over the Mets: I believe the Nats will jump all over Bartolo Colon. Their offense is just too good. And Tanner Roark is still my guy even if he hasn't won in a while. The Mets and Yankees are home at the same time!?
  • The Angels over the Rangers:  I still don't know what the Angels are doing by starting Cory Rasmus for the third time. Even so, in a series and in a setting where even Albert Pujols can hit a triple, I have to go with the Angels against Nick Martinez.
  • The Red Sox over the Royals: I shouldn't pick against the Royals and I was quite impressed with their win yesterday over the Tigers. That showed me something. But this pick is based on the Royals starting Liam Hendriks to cover Danny Duffy and because Clay Buchholz has been super impressive lately.
  • The Brewers over the MarlinsMike Fiers, he's my guy. Pick against him? No, not I. Heh. Nathan Eovaldi starts for the other team.
And the Game of the Day:
  • The Rays over the Yankees: Alex Cobb just destroys the Yankees. They never can do anything against him. Plus, they never score for Michael Pineda either. But who knows, who would have thought Chris Young would have a three-hit game?
-Yesterday: 6-8, Sept.: 77-60, Games of the Day: 92-61 (-1), Season: 1207-994

No comments: