Tuesday, May 26, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Tuesday: May 26, 2015

Memorial Day saw the picks just climb over .500 for the day. There were a number of good picks but just as many surprises that evened out whatever success I had. The Yankees and Mets both broke out of long slumps. One was good for the picks and one was bad.  It was a fun day of baseball.
Tuesday's picks:
  • The Orioles over the Astros: I'm still not a Scott Feldman fan and Chris Tillman is starting to get his act back together. I don't think the Orioles are done by any stretch of the imagination.
  • The Yankees over the Royals: No, I'm not sold on Adam Warren. But I've never been really sold on Jason Vargas either. I think the Yankees hit big again this game.
  • The Pirates over the Marlins: Who and what is Jose Urena!? It sounds like an internal organ. He has three MLB innings thus far and no strikeouts. Color me skeptical. I'll go with Jeff Locke.
  • The Cubs over the Nationals: The Nats are due for a loss as it has been a while. And Jordan Zimmermann has been a bit shaky. Kyle Hendricks, however, is pitching real well for the Cubs.
  • The Blue Jays over the White SoxR.A. Dickey has his best knucklers at home because of the controlled environment. John Danks always seems to cough up runs.
  • The Reds over the Rockies: The Reds have to win some time and it might as well be today. Michael Lorenzen should be in the rotation full time. Jorge De La Rosa is a pretty good pitcher for the Rockies though.
  • The Mets over the Phillies: I haven't been able to pick a visiting team yet and I'm getting the willies. But Jacob deGrom should be better than Jerome Williams.
  • The Bay Rays over the Mariners: Okay, here is a visiting team pick. Phew! Alex Colome recovered nicely in his last start and I'll never, ever be a J.A. Happ fan, even if he wins ten in a row.
  • The Indians over the Rangers: As good as the Rangers are hitting right now, I think they can be stopped by Danny Salazar. He has been that good. Add that to the fact that Wandy Rodriguez isn't what he used to be and I think you have an Indians win.
  • The Red Sox over the Twins: The Red Sox will hit Mike Pelfrey. So it all depends on which Clay Buchholz shows up. I think the good one will show up in a big ballpark.
  • The Diamondbacks over the Cardinals: If Jaime Garcia is going to win, it will be at home. But I don't know if he has it in him. Frankly, I think the Cards are fed up with him. I'll go with Archie Bradley instead.
  • The Tigers over the Athletics: The A's don't hit lefties. David Price is only lefty, but he is one of the best. Jesse Chavez is not going to keep up. Now I'm going with too many visiting teams!
  • The Angels over the Padres: Albert Pujols was not amused as he picked up his game-winning single. Take that, Padres! Matt Shoemaker should be better than Odrisamer Despaigne, a name I can now type without looking!
  • The Dodgers over the BravesClayton Kershaw is always getting the best of the other team's rotation and that happens again today as he squares up with Julio Teheran. This should be a low scoring game.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Giants over the BrewersMadison Bumgarner is one of the best, if not the best this year. He will need to keep Ryan Braun and company inside the park, but he should be able to do that. Matt Garza goes for the Brewers.
Yesterday: 8-7, May: 170-150, Season: 334-315, Picks of the Day: 27-21

No comments: