Here are today's picks for games that should be a Thriller:
- The White Sox over the Cubs: Who the heck can figure out what the Cubs are this season? Contreras has been good lately, so let's go with that.
- The Orioles over the Nationals: Not impressed with Wieters so far. He looks tentative and sluggish. But the Orioles should beat the Nationals.
- The Reds over the Indians: In the battle for Ohio, the Reds should ride Harang to the victory. The Fan snickered when Pavano got popped again.
- The Pirates over the Royals: Gil (ga) Meche ticks this picker off big time. Pitches great when the pick is against him and pitches like crap when for him. This will probably catch it wrong again.
- The Blue Jays over the Phillies: The Phillies have really sucked lately and the Blue Jays have played pretty well. Romero has been good too.
- The Yankees over the Mets: The good news for the Phillies is that the Mets haven't been much better.
- The Red Sox over the Braves: Have always gone with Jurrjens, but he is trumped by Beckett.
- The Marlins over the Bay Rays: This will probably be the only Marlins' win of the series. But Josh Johnson is that good.
- The Giants over the Brewers: Matt Cain has been awesome. If you can't join him, Beat It.
- The Rangers over the Padres: It's amazing how many times the Fan has picked Millwood to win. What's with that?
- The Tigers over the Astros: The Fan loves his Wandy, but Verlander is just too much better.
- The Cardinals over the Twins: Want to pick the Twins, but they are in the same category as the Cubs. Who are they?
- The Angels over the Diamondbacks: The Fan's unnatural hate for the Angels is worth some self meditation. But the Fan can't help it. He hates the Angels.
- The Rockies over the A's: Are the Rockies back to normal? We'll see.
- The Dodgers over the Mariners: Kershaw kicks the Mariners in the Billie Jean.