Oh well. Hard to be too upset when this picker has another day of sitting by the pool with his Yogi Berra book to look forward to. To ensure the relaxing day comes quickly, let's get these picks out of the way.
- The Cubs over the Tigers: Ted Lilly has really become a hard bit fighter. He began his career a bit lilly-livered if you'll pardon the pun.
- The Cardinals over the Mets: This is an exciting matchup of Carpenter versus Santana. Santana hasn't been Superman lately, so going with Carpenter.
- The Dodgers over the White Sox: Billingsley is the man.
- The Royals over the Astros: Wow. Bannister versus Moehler. Where to begin in this battle of mediocrity! The Royals are the Red Sox of interleague play, so we'll go with them.
- The Twins over the Brewers: Still have no idea no how good or how bad these two teams are. They baffle and boggle the mind.
- The Mariners over the Padres: Jarrod Washburn continues his audition for some contender.
- The Nationals over the Red Sox: Rule #2 states that you never pick a pitcher making his first start of the year. But this is the Red Sox and Smoltz! Oh well. A rule is a rule.
- The Indians over the Pirates: Lee has been fabulous lately. He'll need to be for this team.
- The Blue Jays over the Reds: The Blue Jays are on a serious roll. Even Wells had two hits last night.
- The Phillies over the Bay Rays: That Bastardo will win, darn him. hehehe
- The Yankees over the Braves: Pettitte over Lowe. Does it seem like Lowe pitches every other day or is it just the Fan?
- The Marlins over the Orioles: Mr. West pitches in the NL East. That wasn't good planning. But he should beat Mr. Hill.
- The Rangers over the Diamondbacks: Got to go with Mr. Feldman, the little engine that could.