Saturday, December 01, 2007

Wow! Has it really been a year and a half since I last blogged? Apparently so. It's not like I haven't thought about getting back to to this place before. Every Saturday, like clockwork, I receive a report of how many hits the site has received. Apparently, some folks still like to read old news. Baseball has always been my first love. History is my second, which makes baseball the natural sport of choice for me.

I've been pursuing my other love for the past 19 months and in that span have published four books and three books for children. If you're interested, you can click the shameless link on the home page.

But it's time to get back to blogging. As a middle-aged creature, well past my prime, it was kind of cool that blogging was a place I was actually ahead of the curve of technology. I started this site long before ESPN.com discovered that blogging was cool. Much to their credit, the writers there often cite bloggers these days and that is just as it should be. The Web is the great equalizer and though many find fame and boggle the mind in doing so (can you say, "Tina Tequila?"), the same can be said in any medium. Eventually, the true talent will win out when combined with perseverance.

I have no delusions of fame. But heck, if my son reads the site once in a while and says he misses my posts, that's good enough for me.

So here goes...The Fan is back.

No comments: