Oh yes, and what is as American as apple pie? Baseball! And there are fifteen more games to speculate upon this morning. Here are the picks:
- The Nationals over the Braves: The Nats played them tough last night and have their best pitcher on the mound tonight. The Nats are patient at the plate which will mean an early exit for Hanson.
- The Brewers over the Cubs: This is just a hunch that it will be a low scoring game and the Brewers will prevail in the end.
- The Red Sox over the Mariners: The Mariners got their one win of the series. That will be all.
- The Blue Jays over the Yankees: Halladay goes into the All Star break with a bang. Or is that a Wang?
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Caution! Sentimental pick for Micah Owings.
- The Royals over the White Sox: Can you root for the "Royals" on July 4th? Seems unpatriotic.
- The Giants over the Astros: Lincecum!
- The Dodgers over the Padres: Like Wolf over Geer. Like Manny over Geer.
- The Mets over the Phillies: Nieve over Moyer. But if Rollins has finally awoken, this could get ugly.
- The Twins over the Tigers: Liriano has gotten better. Like him in this game over Jackson.
- The Pirates over the Marlins: In Zack Duke we trust.
- The Athletics over the Indians: The Indians exploded last night but run Pavano out there today against Mazzaro. Will take Mazzaro.
- The Bay Rays over the Rangers: Two green pitchers in Price versus Holland. Price has better stuff. We'll see.
- The Rockies over the Diamondbacks: Cook has been a chef lately.
- The Orioles over the Angels: Hey it worked for one night. Perhaps it will work again.