It's not August. Can you believe it? It really is true what they say that the older you get, the faster time seems to fly. Well, before time flies too fast and the Fan misses he Saturday morning tee time, here are your picks for today:
- The Braves over the Dodgers: Got this one wrong yesterday as the Dodgers blanked the Braves. But Lowe should keep the Braves in the game.
- The Bay Rays over the Royals: Niemann versus Chen. What do you think?
- The Yankees over the White Sox: What is it with the Yankees and "Sox"?
- The Nationals over the Pirates: Poor Adam Dunn has to feel like he is in purgatory.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Beckett will win despite the fact that he is a different pitcher on the road than at home.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Don't think that Sowers will throw two good games in a row.
- The Rockies over the Reds: Homer Bailey was better last time out, but Jimenez will be better.
- The Cubs over the Marlins: Why would Badenhop be starting?
- The Astros over the Cardinals: Oh man! The Fan's main man, Wandy, against the Fan's other main man, Carpenter. Ack!
- The Diamondbacks over the Mets: Scherzer was good last time out and he faces Oliver Perez, who walked like nineteen last time out.
- The Twins over the Angels: Still can't predict the Twins. They are so erratic. They should be all over Saunders though.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Didn't' King Felix face the Ranger's Hunter last week?
- The Giants over the Phillies: The Fan has been burned every time he has picked against Blanton, but golly, Lincecum is pitching...
- The Blue Jays over the A's: Beane and Cecil. Kind of like that. Too bad Billy Ball has been a stinker this year.
- The Padres over the Brewers: Mr. Richard is going to like pitching in that big ball park and in the National League.