Let's see what surprises we have in store for us today:
- The Cubs over the Twins: Harden should beat Swarzak.
- The Marlins over the Blue Jays: West could be the best of the Marlins' young arms.
- The Indians over the Cardinals: This game could feature a double-digit score as Ohka squares up with Thompson. Not exactly the pitching matchup of the ages.
- The White Sox over the Brewers: Contreras was great his last time out. Was it a mirage? We'll see.
- The Yankees over the Mets: Like Pettitte over Nieve. But like the Mets bullpen much more than the Yankees. Poor K-Rod got his first blown save last night without giving up an earned run.
- The Bay Rays over the Nationals: Is Zimmermann good for the Nats? Thought he was, but he hasn't been lately. Sonnanstine has been no picnic for the Bay Rays either.
- The Phillies over the Red Sox: Like Bastardo over Dice-K. Don't like Ortiz playing first to get his bat in the lineup. Seems stupid to this viewer.
- The Pirates over the Tigers: Like Duke over Galarraga.
- The Orioles over the Braves: Because the Fan needs an underdog win for points.
- The Reds over the Royals: Arroyo over Davies. This one is iffy though.
- The Rangers over the Dodgers: The surprising Feldman beats the crafty veteran, Wolf.
- The Astros over the Diamondbacks: Oswalt should have enough in his old tank to beat Garland.
- The Rockies over the Mariners: Marquis is pitching for the Rockies. That's Rule #1.
- The Padres over the Angels: Like this kid, Geer, and think he will beat Saunders.
- The A's over the Giants: Let's face it. Randy Johnson is very hittable at this point in his career.
There you have it, sports fans. May your favorite team fare well and hope you have a great weekend.