Two things about that. First, the Fan will still take the game results against the picks that were made. Secondly, since the Fan already made the picks for Saturday's match ups, they will stay the same. Here they are:
- The Cubs over the Reds: Did you know that Wells is seventh in the NL in ERA+?
- The Yankees over the Orioles: Burnett was pretty good the last time out. The Yankees really need him to get it together.
- The Twins over the Athletics: Let's see, the Twins are starting a guy with the improbable name of Manship. That means that they should lose. So then they will win. Golly.
- The Braves over the Cardinals: Not high on either Lohse or Hudson at this point. But one of them has to win.
- The Phillies over the Mets: Moyer gets a start. Go old man, go!
- The Angels over the White Sox: Decent match up of Santana versus Danks. Going with Santana.
- The Marlins over the Nationals: One of those darned games when anything can happen. Anibal Sanchez can be brilliant or really stinky. The Nationals are starting an unknown named, Estrada.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Ohlendorf versus Moehler. Moehler will shout: "Ohlie Ohlie in come free!"
- The Royals over the Indians: The Royals just completed a Royal Flush over the Tigers go out and win their fourth in a row.
- The Tigers over the Blue Jays: Jackson should be better than Richmond. Are the Tigers the worst playoff team ever? Could be.
- The Red Sox over the Bay Rays: The Bay Rays always play the Sox tough, but Beckett has to get out of this funk he is in.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: The Rangers really can't lose any games the rest of the way, can they?
- The Brewers over the Diamondbacks: Another one of those, "Who knows?" games. Mulvey starts for the Diamondbacks. Who? Bush starts for Milwaukee. Yuck.
- The Dodgers over the Giants: Padilla keeps showing that nearly any AL pitcher can succeed in the NL.
- The Rockies over the Padres: Jiminez should blow through this game.
Yesterday: 8-4 (all of which goes to show that not knowing the match ups doesn't hurt)