Maybe the Fan should quit now. You know, like in Vegas on the slots when you are up five dollars and you know you should cash out. But then you don't and lose the entire $20. But this is a year-long job, so despite the self-pressure to bail, here are Saturday's picks:
- The Twins over the White Sox: Baker got smacked around in his first start, but it's only a matter of time before the White Sox tire of Freddie Garcia.
- The Indians over the Tigers: It would be nice if Bonderman could bounce back this year. But it's improbable.
- The Cubs over the Reds: Zambrano doesn't inspire confidence any more. But Harang was really bad his last time out.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Jose Reyes is back and that will be spark enough to over come Perez's two innings of hell.
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: Gallardo better start earning that new contract, because it didn't make much sense to the Fan based on his track record.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Sabathia should be just good enough to overcome Wade Davis.
- The Mariners over the Rangers: The M's have stunk so far, but King Felix is pitching. Josh Hamilton is 0 for the season so far.
- The Phillies over the Astros: Just because you can't help rooting for a 47 year old pitcher.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: You can't stop the Blue Jays, you can only hope to contain them.
- The Marlins over the Dodgers: The Dodgers going with Padilla, Ortiz and Ortiz as a quarter of their pitching staff is insane.
- The Red Sox over the Royals: Beckett out-duels the Royals. Although both bullpens have been terrible so far.
- The Padres over the Rockies: Really like this Latos kid.
- The Diamondbacks over the Pirates: Haran over the kid, McCutchen.
- The Angels over the A's: Weaver should out-pitch Sheets.
- The Braves over the Giants: Lowe versus Wellemeyer. Heyward watch: 0-5 yesterday with four K's. Ouch.