Saturday should be fun with a full slate of games. Let's see if the Fan can navigate this one more successfully:
- The Yankees over the Blue Jays: Romero is good, but Pettitte rises to the occassion.
- The Braves over the Marlins: Hanson has struggled, but the Braves should get to Sanchez.
- The Nationals over the Mets: Have to go with Strasburg over Dickey.
- The Twins over the Bay Rays: Liriano should be better than Wade Davis. The Twins are at home.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: How can you not pick Carpenter over Parra?
- The Pirates over the Phillies: Yeah, the Fan knows. But the Pirates shut the weakened Phillies out yesterday.
- The Indians over the Athletics: Okay. Here's the deal. The A's are a lousy road team. The Indians are at home. Westbrook isn't that bad a pitcher and the A's are starting Mortensen making his debut.
- The Tigers over the Mariners: The Tigers need to start winning when Verlander pitches if they want a chance.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Still winning despite the injuries shows how good the Boston organization really is.
- The White Sox over the Rangers: Danks has been much better of late. Hunter hasn't lost since he came of the DL. He's due.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Ubaldo! over Zito.
- The Padres over the Astros: Both are pitching their worst pitchers (Correia and Norris). But the Padres' worst pitcher is better than the Astros' worst pitcher.
- The Angels over the Royals: Can you believe Chen has the exact same ERA as Santana? Not after this game.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Kershaw stems Kirk Gibson fever.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Reds over the Cubs: Not making this mistake again. Cueto should take care of the moribund Cubs. Piniella and Hendry should have been gone before the Arizona duo.
Week: 25-31 only a big day today can salvage this
Games of the Day: 39-36 three wrong in a row!