Saturday continues the interleague fun:
- The Twins over the Mets: Right away we get a conundrum. We have Santana, who hasn't been Santana this year. We have Pavano, who continues to befuddle this picker. We have a hot Mets team and a cold Twins team. What to do? Go with the unexpected it seems.
- The Cardinals over the Royals: Another dangerous pick because the Cards are starting their fifth starter and the Royals' Davies is capable of pitching well once in a while.
- The Rangers over the Astros: The Astros are starting an unknown Banks making his first start. Wilson should win.
- The Nationals over the Orioles: Livan. The name itself sends the Fan into convulsions.
- The Phillies over the Blue Jays: Giving the Phillies the DH helps them like no other NL team. Low scoring game with Hamels versus Marcum, but Phillies have the edge being the home team that isn't.
- The Bay Rays over the Diamondbacks: As much as the Fan likes Ian Kennedy, Price will win this game.
- The Mariners over the Brewers: Think Fister will shut the Brewers down.
- The Tigers over the Braves: The Tigers' bats will come alive against Kawakami, the hard luck Braves' pitcher.
- The Marlins over the Padres: The moribund-looking Marlins should get a win with Josh Johnson pitching against Jon Garland, who has looked bad lately.
- The Cubs over the White Sox: The Fan must be crazy, but how can you pick against Silva? Plus, the Cubs will have at least enough emotion to pump to a win over Garcia.
- The Dodgers over the Yankees: Can't pick that #$#%#$ Burnett to win.
- The Red Sox over the Giants: Buchholz easily slides by the kid, Martinez.
- The Indians over the Reds: Masterson has a good day and LeCure for the Reds does not.
- The Rockies over the Angels: Cook is simply a better pitcher than Saunders.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Athletics over the Pirates: McCutchen gets the start for the Pirates. That's good news for Cahill and the A's.
Games of the Day: 35-33