The Fan also fell to second place on BallHype. No surprise there. Oh well, we need to get these picks going as the first tee is calling the Fan's name.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: This pick looks good unless the Cubs score a dozen runs since Gorzelanny is starting for the Cubs.
- The Athletics over the White Sox: Gio Gonzalez has been good his last two starts and he is the type of pitcher that can get geezers out.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Hamels versus Kawakami. Not feeling the Braves in that match up.
- The Mets over the Giants: Great match up of Cain versus Santana. Santana was dealing it last time out. Thinking he does it again here.
- The Indians over the Twins: Okay. The Fan is so messed up on the Twins, he thinks they should win, so they will lose. Right?
- The Marlins over the Rockies: The program lists Vanden Hurk versus Cook. But wasn't Cook hurt and didn't the story say he could miss a start? Therefore, Marlins.
- The Brewers over the Astros: The Brewers have come alive and scored like fifty runs their last two games. Moehler has to look mighty sweet to those swatters.
- The Angels over the Orioles: Lackey versus a kids. These are the kinds of games that just drive you crazy.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Yeah, if the Royals couldn't score against a mediocre pitcher, how are they going to score against Jackson?
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: Tallet versus Kazmir. Kazmir has been okay lately. Where has Tallet been?
- The Cardinals over the Padres: Pineiro has been looking like he is tired, but the Padres are dead in the water.
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: Penny should get hit by the Rangers' lineup. The wild card here is Holland, who has sucked most of the year but was unhittable last time out. Oy.
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: The Dodgers simply are the better team when the pitching match up is about even.
- The Mariners over the Yankees: The Yankees throw Mitre out there again. Ugh.