Here are Saturday's picks:
- The Padres over the Giants: Two good young pitchers in Latos and Bumgarner. Latos is more experienced and should carry the day.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: Going with Matusz over Sonnnanstine in a giddy pick that can't believe how competitive the Orioles are now.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Zambrano didn't look too bad last time out, but Carpenter is Carpenter.
- The Mariners over the Indians: Besides Choo, who do the Indians still have now? Vargas over Talbot, who has really struggled since his early successes.
- The Diamondbacks over the Nationals: Marquis has an ERA over 15. 15! Going with Ian Kennedy.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: Going with the gut that Porcello will have a good game and that Jackson will not.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Simply hate this series. Both teams are in the crapper. Both have lousy pitching and little hitting. Going with Maholm over Norris.
- The Yankees over the Royals: Phil Hughes wins his 14th. O'Sullivan gets the loss. Will the Yankees really shut Hughes down the way he's pitched?
- The Phillies over the Mets: Halladay in a laugher over the Mets who are starting a rookie making his debut.
- The Athletics over the Twins: Cahill has been seriously good for the A's. Duensing has also for the Twins, but he isn't as good as Cahill.
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: Lester has been a mystery of late, especially after the second time against a lineup. Lewis has the ability to baffle the Sox.
- The Dodgers over the Braves: Like Lilly as he is a lefty against a lefty-leaning line up. Lowe gets the loss.
- The Blue Jays over the Angels: Cecil over Santana. If Benji Molina catches Cecil, it will be Benny and Cecil, which almost makes sense.
- The Rockies over the Brewers: If the Brewers don't give Hoffman a chance at 600, then this Fan hopes they lose every game from here on out.
And the Game of the Day
- The Reds over the Marlins: Leake wins and West loses and the Marlins continue to bat Hanley Ramirez at lead off. Crazy.
Games of the Day: 64-50