It would be great if this very successful week could keep going. Here's how Saturday looks:
- The Phillies over the Cubs: Cole Hamels should beat Randy Wells IF the Phillies can put some runs across.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Hard to pick against Carmona, but Verlander should get the win.
- The Cardinals over the Dodgers: Kuroda? Nah. Not going to happen. Especially not with Wainwright pitching. Manny left early again last night.
- The Bay Rays over the Yankees: Niemann is great. Burnett is not...at least not consistently.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Like Ohlendorf over Norris. The Pirates should get this one.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Good luck, Buck Showalter if you inherit this team.
- The Reds over the Rockies: Tough game to pick. Volquez is making his first start after being on the DL with arm surgery. De La Rosa has also missed a large chunk of the season. Might be a bullpen game and the Reds are better there.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Another tough one. Talbot is fading after a lucky start. Porcello is back from a stint in the minors and had an ERA over 6. Ugh.
- The Braves over the Brewers: How does Narveson have a record over .500 with an ERA over 6? Doesn't matter because Hudson will shut the Brewers down.
- The Twins over the White Sox: How weird is it that this Fan has more confidence in Pavano than he does for Buehrle?
- The Athletics over the Royals: Cahill has been awesome. Chen has to fall some time doesn't he?
- The Padres over the Diamondbacks: Things aren't going well for Kirk Gibson eh?
- The Rangers over the Red Sox: Got to go with Cliff Lee over Lackey.
- The Giants over the Mets: Cain over Takashima. Could this be the third straight 1-0 game?
- The Mariners over the Angels: Giving Rowland-Smith the nod over Saunders. Hey, it could happen.
And the Game of the Day:
- The Marlins over the Nationals: Josh Johnson is the man and should win despite Livan.
Games of the Day: 46-40