The Saturday schedule doesn't look any easier. Lots of funny match ups and possible pitfalls. But there is no sense in being timid. The Fan will play to win rather than playing not to lose so here we go:
- The Reds over the Cubs: If Cueto has a good game, he's a much better pitcher than young Mr. Hart. But that's a big "If."
- The Yankees over the A's: This should be the one safe bet? Pettitte versus the Holliday sans A's?
- The Bay Rays over the Blue Jays: In another battle of the "Ays," the Bay Rays have to keep winning to stay with the Red Sox and the Yankees. Price has been wild, but other than Hill and Scuturo, the Blue Jays aren't very patient.
- The Cardinals over the Phillies: A little worried about Lohse pitching as he's had a difficult season, but the Cardinals are still blooming with Holliday.
- The Tigers over the White Sox: Floyd has been good, but Jackson is the better pitcher.
- The Mariners over the Indians: Bedard is supposed to be much better than Sowers.
- The Twins over the Angels: Remind the Fan why he keeps picking the Twins?
- The Braves over the Brewers: The Braves are on fire and have an ever improving Hanson on the mound.
- The Padres over the Nationals: The Padres play the only team in the NL worse than they are.
- The Astros over the Mets: The Mets scored four runs yesterday. That was an event in and of itself.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Lester is much better than Guthrie.
- The Rangers over the Royals: This is a tough one. Hochever has been much better lately and Holland has not been. But man, the Royals just can't hit.
- The Rockies over the Giants: No-hit man, Sanchez, has pitched only one good game all year. De La Rosa has pitched a lot of good games for the Rockies.
- The Pirates over the Diamondbacks: The Fan can't seem to go wrong with Ohlendorf.
- The Marlins over the Dodgers: Vanden Hurk was brilliant last time. He'll need to be again. Kuroda is too iffy for this picker.