Here are today's picks:
- Phillies over the Nationals: Want to pick against Myers. But don't believe Washington will win the game.
- Cubs over the Astros: Picking a rookie pitcher (Wells) over Oswalt doesn't seem smart. But Oswalt isn't what he used to be.
- Yankees over the Twins: Like Chamberlain over Blackburn (who can be good at times or Heartburn).
- Blue Jays over the White Sox: Hard to think that Colon can beat Pena, Longoria and company.
- Cardinals over the Brewers: Wainwright has been Wainwrong for most of the year, but have no faith in Suppon.
- Mets over the Giants: Rule #3. This is Randy Johnson's Mr. Hyde start, plus he's facing Johan Santana.
- Rangers over Angels: Rule #4. Never pick a starter just back from injury (Lackey).
- Bay Rays over the Indians: Have to take Garza over Pavano (though Pavano has somehow won two in a row).
- Marlins over the Dodgers: The Dodgers are pitching Milton. Say what!? He's still pitching!?
- Rockies over the Pirates: Ian Snell hasn't been good. Cook is one of the few Rockies bright spots.
- Phillies over the Nationals: It doesn't matter what the starters do. The Nationals' bullpen is gruesome.
- Tigers over the A's: Battle of the rookies: Porcello against Braden. Going with Porcello.
- Braves over the Diamondbacks: Just because the Diamondbacks are terrible.
- Royals over the Orioles: Davies over Ray. This one is iffy.
- Reds over the Padres: Volquez over Geer.
- Red Sox over the Mariners: Beckett has to get right eventually.