- The Nationals over the Orioles: Buck Showalter said that Brian Matusz may never get his velocity back. Geez, Vegas must have loved to hear that. Anyway, this pick is for Jordan Zimmermann, who has been terrific.
- The Yankees over the Cubs: It's not like this pick worked great for Friday. But when A. J. Burnett and Ryan Dempster seem like a wash, go with the better team.
- The Rangers over the Braves: It's hard to pick Matt Harrison after what he's shown lately, but the thought here is that his left arm neutralizes several Braves hitters. Derek Lowe could get hit by the Rangers' line up.
- The Indians over the Pirates: The Fan got kicked in the groin the last time he picked against Carlos Carrasco. It still hurts. Paul Maholm with the loss.
- The Mets over the Angels: Dan Haren has been as solid as they come. Mike Pelfrey has been very good too. Going with the Mets' offense.
- The Rays over the Marlins: Alex Cobb over Ricky Nolasco. Is this streak by the Marlins a "sit in" to protest the firing of their hitting coach and the censorship of Logan Morrison? It sure seems like they are lifeless.
- The Red Sox over the Brewers: Okay. Lessen learned. Never pick against the Red Sox the rest of the season. Jon Lester over Randy Wolf.
- The Twins over the Padres: Scott Baker keeps winning every time the Fan picks against him. Okay, you win, Mr. Baker. Tim Stauffer with the loss.
- The Blue Jays over the Reds: Brandon Morrow overpowers the Reds IF he throws strikes. Edinson Volquez got shelled by the Red Sox his last start.
- The Cardinals over the Royals: Vin Mazzaro made the Fan look foolish last time out. Will he do it again? Nah. Jake Westbrook keeps the Cards close so they can win in the end.
- The White Sox over the Diamondbacks: John Danks has won two in a row and the D-backs counter with Zach Duke. Nope, not going there.
- The Rockies over the Tigers: The Fan picked one of the Tigers' young pitchers on Friday. How did that turn out? Yeesh. Ubaldo Jiminez over Phil Coke.
- The Giants over the Athletics: Jonathan Sanchez should be better than Guillermo Moscoso.
- The Astros over the Dodgers: Against the heart, the Fan picked against Wandy Rodriguez last time out and paid the price for the lack of loyalty. Not going to do that again. Ruddy de la Rosa starts for the Dodgers.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Mariners over the Phillies: King Felix Hernandez takes care of the Phillies and Seattle scores enough off of Vince Worley to win.