Add it all up and it was a stinker of a night for picks. Let's hope today's picks are better. The month only has two days left and a series of bad days leave the monthly total pretty close to being even. Ugh!
- The Yankees over the White Sox: The Pale Hose throw their hands up and start Contreras which offsets the Yankees starting Mitre, or Liquid Mitregen as he is called in the FanDome.
- The Dodgers over the Reds: Because the Fan really wants Haeger to succeed. Knuckleballers rule!
- The Mets over the Cubs: Two clubs thought to be contenders find themselves with an empty autumn.
- The Bay Rays over the Tigers: Robertson? Nate Robertson is pitching? Taking David Price instead.
- The Marlins over the Padres: Nolasco should beat LaBlanc.
- The Phillies over the Braves: Good match up of Lee versus Lowe. Maybe it will rain again.
- The Brewers over the Pirates: Gallardo should win despite another four or five walks allowed.
- Cleveland over Baltimore: Going with Sowers over Tillman, though either is a crap shoot.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Romero shoots down Buckholz.
- The Rangers over the Twins: Feldman versus Pavano? The Fan better not get Pavanoed again.
- The Cardinals over the Nationals: Last night was the Nats' best chance for a win in this series and they didn't get it done. Enjoy the sweep.
- The Diamondbacks over the Astros: Garland should be better than Norris.
- The Rockies over the Giants: Marquis! Zito has been good lately, but got to go with Marquis.
- The Angels over the Athletics: Want to pick the A's, but it would be stupid.
- The Royals over the Mariners: Before you think this picker is crazy, Ian Snell is pitching for the Mariners.
Have a good weekend.
Week: 31-36 (Brutal!)