Perhaps Saturday will be more zestful:
- The Braves over the Cubs: Hanson gets the win over hard luck Gorzelanny.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Do the Yankees have enough starting pitching? Hmmm...But Vazquez should beat Vargas.
- The Nationals over the Phillies: Got to pull for Strasburg. Can't help it.
- The Twins over the Angels: Slowey over Bell. Scioscia must be going crazy.
- The Mets over the Pirates: Niese should get the win here against McDonald, who has had some good moments.
- The Rangers over the Orioles: It will be another close game as the Orioles are patsies no longer. But Lee should win over Bergesen.
- The Astros over the Marlins: Wandy pitches a good game and Volstad continues to struggle.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Tomlin has been good for the Indians, but Scherzer is coming on strong.
- The Padres over the Brewers: Narveson is a great hitting pitcher. But he's no a good pitcher. Correia should win.
- The White Sox and Royals split their double-header. I know that's cheating, but hey, it's the Fan's site, right?
- The Cardinals over the Giants: Carpenter still looks like an ace. Don't know what Lincecum will look like.
- The Rockies over the Diamdondbacks: Still riding Ubaldo. He gave up one run last time out and lost.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Dice-K gets beat and Romero pitches a gem.
- The Bay Rays over the Athletics: Anderson is a tough customer, but the Rays counter with Price. The Bay Rays should get that kid Crowe. Then they would have T. Crowe Price.
And the Game of the Day
- The Reds over the Dodgers: Billingsley can be had and Cueto pitches well in the spacious Chavez Ravine.
Game of the Day: 69-52 This feature is on fire!