Today has a pretty good schedule for a Thursday. Let's see what we have here:
- The Mets over the Rockies: Same match up as yesterday: Santana versus Hammel. Santana should still win (the game was rained out yesterday).
- The Reds over the Padres: Cueto should win. Doesn't mean he will, but he should.
- The Royals over the Orioles: Hochever struck out 13 last time out. Maybe he's turned the corner. Maybe the Fan is an idiot because Hillman will figure out how to lose the game.
- The Red Sox over the Athletics: Lester shouldn't lose to Gi Gonzalez, should he?
- The Brewers over the Nationals: Gallardo versus some kid named Martin. Should be a safe pick.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Say goodnight, Houston, as your chance has passed.
- The Marlins over the Braves: Hmm...Interesting game. Vander Hurk has been good. Vazquez always keeps the Braves in the game. Hanley Ramirez makes the difference.
- The Rockies over the Mets: De La Rosa should beat the phenom-in-waiting, Niese.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: This game couldn't be any uglier with Holland versus Garret Olsen. Ugh.
- The Yankees over the White Sox: Will stay on the Yankee bandwagon since they've been so hot.
- The Dodgers over the Cardinals: Tough loss for the Dodgers last night, but Lohse hasn't been right for quite a while.
- The Giants over the Phillies: Sanchez versus Lopez in a game of uninspiring pitchers, no-hitter notwithstanding.