With June starting on a semi-positive note, here are Tuesdays picks:
- The Mets over the Pirates: Great pitching matchup here with Santana versus Duke. There is a little voice whispering that Santana will lose tonight, but it's being ignored.
- The Giants over the Nationals: One word: Lincecum.
- The Tigers over the Red Sox: Like Porcello over Dice-K.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: Like Burnett over Padilla.
- The Blue Jays over the Angels: Halladay should be better than Saunders.
- The Royals over the Bay Rays: How long are the Bay Rays going to stay with Sonnanstine?
- The Brewers over the Marlins: Anibal Sanchez is pitching for the Marlins in his first game back from the D.L. That's rule #2.
- The Cubs over the Braves: It really stinks picking Braves' games because one never knows when Chipper Jones is playing. If he plays, they win. If he doesn't, they don't.
- The Rockies over the Astros: Battle of the mediocre. One team has to win.
- The Twins over the Indians: Slowey has been pretty good. Huff? Don't know.
- The White Sox over the A's: Don't think Eveland is ready for the big show. We'll see.
- The Reds over the Cardinals: Have picked against Arroyo seven straight times and he's won seven games. Time to switch gears.
- The Padres over the Phillies. The Fan can see it now. The Phillies' pitcher plunks a Padre and the Padre player looks to the mound and says, "That Bastardo!"
- The Dodgers over the Diamondbacks: Keep picking against Haren. Have no clue why...
- The Mariners over the Orioles: Thinking that Bedard is better than any Oriole pitcher.