But one thing cool about today? All of the games will be day games. Everything will be in the books by 7:30 Eastern Time. For one last time, let's romp through the picks together. Thanks as always for following along:
- The White Sox over the Tigers: The Fan certainly hopes he is wrong here. But the overwhelming feeling is that the White Sox, with some of the grittiest players on earth along with their manager, would like nothing better than to knock the Tigers from the post-season. They may be out of it, but they want a stake at who is in.
- The Mets over the Astros: Two kids pitching in an end of the season meaningless game.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Got to go with Homer Bailey over Karstens.
- The Marlins over the Phillies: The Phillies will be resting most of their guys and the Marlins' Josh Johnson is really good.
- The Braves over the Nationals: If only the Braves had started their run a little earlier.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: Both teams will put an end to ugly seasons. Romero should win here.
- The Red Sox over the Indians: It is doubtful the Red Sox will trust Buckholz in the post season. His start today is an indication of that. Tomo Ohka doesn't present much challenge for the Red Sox "B" team.
- The Bay Rays over the Yankees: It's hard to imagine Burnett pitching very long today. It's also hard to imagine whether the Yankees care much if they get swept in this series.
- The Twins over the Royals: Can't imagine a harder game to pick than this one. The Fan already picked the Tigers to lose. But the Twins will try to get into the playoffs with one Carl Pavano. Yeah, the scourge of the FanDome for many seasons. Wow!
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: Yeah, the Cardinals couldn't care less either. Pineiro won't stay around long in his tune up.
- The Cubs over the Diamondbacks: The Chicago Cubs off-season will be very interesting indeed.
- The Giants over the Padres: The Padres had a really good second half of the season.
- The Angels over the A's: Despite resting players, the Angels should have a party against Gonzalez.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Now that the Dodgers have finally clinched (congrats Mr. Torre), both teams will be resting people.
- The Rangers over the Mariners: Allow the Fan some wishful thinking here. Feldman has been a blog favorite all year and King Felix really needs a so-so game for Greinke to lock up the Cy Young.