And so we move to Saturday. Can the Fan finish the week on a better note? Let's take a look:
- The Blue Jays over the Astros: Brandon Morrow should strike out twelve Astros in this one but he has to limit his walks to hang around longer. Brett Myers goes for the Astros.
- The White Sox over the Dodgers: Mark Beuhrle has 23 interleague wins in his career. Any more questions? Jon Garland loses again, though he isn't pitching badly these days.
- The Cardinals over the Royals: Nate Adcock gets his first major league start after eight relief appearances. You know he won't be able to go anything beyond five innings. Jake Westbrook must have a good game though.
- The Reds over the Indians: It seems like suicide to pick against the Indians at home these days. But Homer Bailey should shut the Cleveland team down. Josh Tomlin has been very good too, but is due for a clunker against Votto and the boys.
- The Orioles over the Nationals: Jeremy Guthrie has a good start and the Orioles get the bad taste out of their mouth from last night's pasting. John Lannon with the loss.
- The Tigers over the Pirates: There the Fan goes picking against the Pirates again. When will he ever learn? But this time, they are facing Max Scherzer, who is very good. Kevin Correia has had a good year though.
- The Red Sox over the Cubs: Yeah, Carlos Zambrano versus Alfredo Aceves seems like a mismatch. But the Red Sox are playing like the team everyone thought they would be and the Cubs are terrible.
- The Brewers over the Rockies: How did these two teams get to miss out on interleague? The Brewers win because of two words: Shaun Marcum. Clayton Mortensen goes for the Rockies.
- The Yankees over the Mets: Chris Capuano has been the Mets' best pitcher. Who saw that coming? A. J. Burnett needs to rebound after his last Mr. Hyde outing.
- The Athletics over the Giants: The feeling here is that Brett Anderson will out-pitch Tim Lincecum. It's not as silly as it sounds.
- The Phillies over the Rangers: The Rangers will have some extra motivation against Cliff Lee, but they don't have all their horses. Colby Lewis with the hard luck loss.
- The Braves over the Angels: The Braves win a low scoring game in this one with the very good match up of Tommy Hanson against Joel Pineiro.
- The Mariners over the Padres: Michael Pineda has a big game against the low-offense Padres. Clayton Richard will give up enough runs to ensure Pineda's victory.
- The Twins over the Diamondbacks: As much as this Fan loves Micah Owings (one of the Fan's all time favorites), there's no way the good-hitting pitcher will win this game. Scott Baker with the win.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Bay Rays over the Marlins: David Price versus Javier Vazquez? Uhh...can you say mismatch?
Games of the Day: 28-23