Sunday starts a new week and a clean slate and all of those fresh start cliches. Sunday's picks:
- The Yankees over the Indians: Freddie Garcia was terrible against the Red Sox. But the Indians aren't the Red Sox. And the Yankees should get to Josh Tomlin.
- The Tigers over the Mariners: Let's put it this way: Say Felix Hernandez has a 3.18 ERA at Comerica. Those three runs is still more than the Mariners will score against Rick Porcello. Right?
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Not making the mistake of picking against the Red Sox again. Jon Lester over Kyle Drabek. The Red Sox will wait out Drabek, who isn't throwing enough strikes.
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: If Brad Hand can be as good as his first start AND the Marlins can score some runs for him this time (off Daniel Hudson, a tough pitcher), the Marlins will win.
- The Phillies over the Cubs: Roy Oswalt hasn't been great, but he'll be better than Doug Davis.
- The Mets over the Pirates: Chris Capuano has been the best Mets' pitcher this side of Dillon Gee. The Mets score enough off of Kevin Correia, despite the good season he's having.
- The Orioles over the Bay Rays: Been saying all along that Wade Davis isn't right. The Orioles will get to him while Brian Matusz holds down the Bay Rays weak offense.
- The White Sox over the Athletics: With all due respect to Guillermo Moscoso, Philip Humber should have an easier time holding the score down enough for his team to win.
- The Brewers over the Cardinals: Shaun Marcum has been talking about his lack of feel but he's still pitching very well. The Brewers will get to Jake Westbrook who they are more familiar with than the Cardinals are with Marcum.
- The Rangers over the Twins: The Twins aren't rolling over any more, but the Rangers have the advantage with Matt Harrison's left arm over Francisco Liriano.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: Rubby de la Rosa can't keep walking people and getting away with it. Ubaldo Jiminez with the win at home.
- The Angels over the Royals: This picker simply can't pick a team that starts Vin Mazzaro. Tyler Chatwood with the win.
- The Nationals over the Padres: What a nice story Jordan Zimmermann is turning into. The story continues against Tim Stauffer, who has been pretty good himself. Anthony Rizzo is off to a nice career start, eh?
- The Reds over the Giants: Counting on Edinson Volquez can give you gray hair. But that the Fan has already. The Reds score enough off of Jonathan Sanchez to get the win.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Braves over the Astros: This is scary. All these picks feel really good. That's very scary. Tommy Hanson should have no trouble beating Brett Myers and the Astros.
Last Week: 55-44
Games of the Day: 44-29