Derek Jeter had one hit so he sits at 2,998. Let's hope he gets his two hits tonight because this Fan will be traveling all day Saturday. Here are Friday's picks:
- The Phillies over the Braves: The Braves need to do well in this series but right away, they run into Roy Halladay. Halladay is not impossible to beat, but darn close to it. Brandon Beachy can make things interesting if he can hold the Phillies scoreless.
- The Pirates over the Cubs: James McDonald against Rodrigo Lopez. Lopez was amazing his last time out, which begs the question as to why this Fan is so against him. But one good game against a whole slew of bad ones is too much history to ignore.
- The Nationals over the Rockies: The Nats are coming off their worst loss of the year, blowing an 8-0 lead to the Cubs. Jason Marquis will need to be better than Jason Hammel in a battle of Jasons.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: The Yankees should be better rested and Freddie Garcia's junk is just the kind of stuff that messes up the Bay Rays. Jeremy Hellickson has given up lots of homers lately.
- The Blue Jays over the Indians: Mitch Talbot can't get past the fourth inning and the Blue Jays should score often. It's then a question of if Jo-Jo Reyes and the bullpen can hold back the Indians.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: The Orioles just can't get up these days and Zach Britton will be worn down by the patient Red Sox. Josh Beckett with the win.
- The Marlins over the Astros: Javier Vazquez against Jordan Lyles. Yeah, pick 'em.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: B. J. Wilson against Gio Gonzalez is a good match up. Feeling for Josh Hamilton right now. He has to be all kinds of messed up after that fan died.
- The Reds over the Brewers: Not sure what is going on with Zack Greinke, but he hasn't been very good lately. Mike Leake is the Reds' good luck charm.
- The Tigers over the Royals: Rick Porcello hasn't been very good. But he faces Kyle Davies. Yeah. That's what the Fan thought too.
- The White Sox over the Twins: Nick Blackburn must be hurting because he's been awful his last two starts. Gavin Floyd with the win.
- The Diamondbacks over the Cardinals: Ian Kennedy is the favored son in these here parts. Love the guy. That said, he better be on his game against this line up! Kyle Lohse goes for the Cardinals.
- The Angels over the Mariners: Mike Trout makes his debut and the Angels get to Blake Beavans. Ervin Santana doesn't have to be great against the weak hitting Mariners.
- The Padres over the Dodgers: This picker keeps waiting for Matt Latos to power up. It could be this game. Chad Billingsley is good at home though.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Giants over the Mets: The Mets aren't the same team without Jose Reyes. Ryan Vogelsong continues his happy tune against R. A. Dickey
Games of the Day: 63-36