What the bloody heck!? Yesterday's picks could not have gone much worse. What is up with those Cardinals? Told you that Jaime Garcia was overrated. What is up with those Tigers? They can't win a game to save themselves. Cliff Lee can't win a game. Tim Lincecum can't win a game. Jon Lester cannot win a game. Francisco Liriano throws another brilliant game, his second in a row. And loses, 1-0. Picked the wrong ace in the Braves- Marlins games. Got smoked on that one. Feeling like an Iliat for picking Homer. The only pick that doesn't hurt real badly is the Cubs pick. If anyone deserved that win, it was Ryan Dempster. Good for him.
And so now, this week has to be rescued because of that bloody Tuesday. Come on, William, (channeling that Scott Turf Builder guy) pick it. Pick it. Wednesday:
- The Giants over the Padres: Let's try this again, but with Madison Bumgarner instead of Lincicum. But Clayton Richard is usually tough at home.
- The Tigers over the Indians: Picking the Tigers has become like a stupid badge of honor these days. But Max Scherzer has been winning games lately. Jeanmar Gomez is just so- so. But all so-so pitchers look great against the Tigers.
- The Dodgers over the Phillies: The Phillies are back under .500. Chris Capuano had a bad start for the Dodgers his last time out, but it was at Coors and doesn't count. Kyle Kendrick has been surprisingly good in the Phillies rotation.
- The Nationals over the Mets: Man, that was an ugly game the Mets just played. Their bullpen is gassed and hasn't been very good. Their fielding has fallen apart too. Going with Edwin Jackson over Jeremy Hefner.
- The Yankees over the Bay Rays: Ivan Nova has to be very good for this pick to come in. But he can be. Alex Cobb should be a guy the Yankees can get to.
- The Marlins over the Braves: Josh Johnson has a better chance of being lights out than Randall Delgado does.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Josh Beckett. Hate that guy. Hate picking that guy. But he should win as Wei-Yin Chen has been showing some chinks in his armor.
- The Reds over the Pirates: Brad Lincoln gets a spot start, and he's been very good for the Pirates. But Johnny Cueto should dominate this game.
- The Cardinals over the Astros: The Astros really should shut Bud Norris down for a couple of starts with his hip flexor problem. So why aren't they? Adam Wainwright with the win. Picking the Cards and Tigers again. This picker must be out of his mind.
- The Brewers over the Cubs: You have to pick Zack Greinke at home, don't you? The Brewers are a completely confusing team though. Paul Maholm goes for them.
- The Royals over the Twins: This is as much a pick against Nick Blackburn as it is a pick for Felipe Paulino. Joe Mauer is still out.
- The Blue Jays over the White Sox: Brandon Morrow should quiet down the White Sox lineup and Jose Quintana won't be able to last that long. Colby Rasmus is on fire.
- The Diamondbacks over the Rockies: Losing Troy Tulowitski is starting to hurt. Wade Miley should win this one as Josh Outman is not a starting pitcher.
- The Rangers over the Athletics: Colby Lewis and his homer tendency should be helped by the Coliseum and Bartolo Colon will keep it interesting.
And the Game of the Day! (which is on a major losing streak)
- The Angels over the Mariners: Pitching Hector Noesi on three days rest seems a desperation move by the Mariners. It shouldn't matter as Jerome Williams just wins and wins.
Games of the Day: 34-26