Monday, February 11, 2013

MLB season preview from Big Leagues Magazine

When I was a kid, one of the best parts of the year was going to the store and buying a preview of the upcoming baseball season. It was magical and I devoured those things from cover to cover. If I remember right, they cost about a buck and a half each year. Here it is forty years later and I can actually say that I was a small part of bringing one of these season previews to life. How cool is that? The media is different, of course. Instead of newspaper stock and ink that ran on your hands, the preview is electronic and it is called Big Leagues Magazine. And it is a vast publication!

And the cool part? It only costs $4.95 to read. In today's prices, that is a latte and a doughnut (apparently, Chrome doesn't think "donut" is a word). I wrote the previews for the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Rays.

Interested? All you have to do is go here and sign in and pay the $4.95 and you will have hours of baseball entertainment. Not only are there team previews, but each team also has features on some fantasy topics and the top prospects. There are also several excellent articles added to make up a huge body of baseball reading heaven. The quality of writers is topnotch too.

I would be honored if you would check it out as I am really proud to be a part of this exciting publication.

No comments: