Tuesday, April 14, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Tuesday: April 14, 2015

Yesterday wasn't a great picking day, but at least it was in the plus column. I had a comment that my count was off the other day and I had an extra incorrect pick. That's all I needed. Heh. So I adjusted my final tally.
Tuesday's picks:
  • The Nationals over the Red SoxStephen Strasburg was not as great as I thought he would be all last year and lost his first outing this year. But I am still a big believer in the guy. Justin Masterson goes for the Red Sox.
  • The Tiger over the PiratesShane Greene was terrific his first time out and I have an emotional attachment to him. A.J. Burnett brings out emotions in me too, but they are mostly negative.
  • The Yankees over the OriolesCC Sabathia needs to show he can pitch. I think he'll do that today. The one problem is that the Yankees extended both of their power relievers yesterday. Miguel Gonzalez goes for the Orioles.
  • The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: The Rays took the opening game in the opening Battle of the Ays for 2015. Tonight will be different. Daniel Norris is a rising star. Matt Andriese is an unknown quantity.
  • The Indians over the White SoxJose Quintana will be a hard luck loser again as he faces a very hot Carlos Carrasco. It should be a low scoring game.
  • The Marlins over the Braves: There are going to be some panic reactions in Miami if the Marlins don't start winning soon. Tom Koehler will try to get them tilted in the right direction and Trevor Cahill will try to prevent it.
  • The Mets over the Phillies: The legend of Matt Harvey will continue to bloom and David Buchanan can only hope to limit the damage and keep up.
  • The Angels over the Rangers: I have no idea what to expect from Drew Rucinski who is making his first MLB start. But he has a pretty big arm, so we'll see. Nick Martinez goes for the Rangers.
  • The Athletics over the AstrosBrad Peacock has never been able to spread his tail feathers in the Majors. That's what sinks me for this pick. But Kendall Graveman doesn't give me good vibes either.
  • The Padres over the Diamondbacks: I never know what to expect from Odrisamer Despaigne as he is either stellar or gets bombed. But I like him over Jeremy Hellickson. Hellickson's fly ball tendency toward the fly ball won't be as bad in San Diego though.
  • The Dodgers over the Mariners: I call David Huff, "David Hassle Huff." In other words, he reminds me of the world's worst actor. At the same time, he is capable of good starts now and then. Hisashi Iwakuma goes for the Mariners.
  • The Giants over the Rockies: The Rockies are on fire. I think Tim Hudson will cool them off though. Besides, Christian Bergman doesn't fill me with confidence.
And the Pick of the Day:
  • The Cubs over the Reds: The Cubs got a bad outing from Lester and still won the game yesterday. Jake Arrieta gentille Arrieta should be better and Anthony DeSclafani at least gives us Italians something to cheer about.
Yesterday: 8-6, Season: 49-56, Picks of the Day: 3-5

No comments: