Saturday, May 30, 2015

MLB Game Picks - Saturday: May 30, 2015

Another up and down day that saw my picks finish a pick above .500 with an incorrect Pick of the Day. Blah.
Saturday's Picks:
  • The Twins over the Blue JaysKyle Gibson has his share of very good outings and not so good outings. I never seem to be on top of when each will occur. So I'll probably be wrong with this one again too. Aaron Sanchez goes for the Jays.
  • The Rockies over the Phillies: This is my reverse Aaron Harang theory. Since Harang always messed me up last year, I pick him every time to win now. But in this case, if last night's game shows a Troy Tulowitzki getting hot, then the shortstop can carry this team all by himself for a while. Jorge De La Rosa starts for the Rockies.
  • The Orioles over the Bay Rays: I'll take Wei-Yin Chen over Erasmo Ramirez just about any day of the week.
  • The Brewers over the DiamondbacksJeremy Hellickson got mad at me and had a good outing last time out (about time!). Can he repeat it? I'll believe it when I see it. I like Kyle Lohse at home.
  • The Astros over the White Sox: Two words: Dallas Keuchel. Two more words. Jose Quintana
  • The Mets over the Marlins: I have often said that Jon Niese was better than people thought. Then he goes out and throws three stinkers in a row. Come on, Jon, I can't keep defending you until you have a good game. Tom Koehler goes for the Marlins.
  • The Nationals over the Reds: Now that we have Strasburg out of the way, the Nats can start another win streak. Gio Gonzalez should be better than Raisel Iglesias and last longer.
  • The Cubs over the Royals: This pick was dumb yesterday and is probably dumb today. But I like the Tsuyoshi Wada match up against the Royals' hitters. Yordano Ventura might really make the pick look stupid.
  • The Cardinals over the Dodgers: Say what you want about the money the Dodgers spent, but their offense has been kind of toothless lately. So I like Michael Wacha here to continue his win streak. Carlos Frias has had two good starts and one disaster thus far.
  • The Giants over the Braves: It does not appear that the Giants will lose another game this season. That's just how it seems. Tim Lincecum over Williams Perez.
  • The Tigers over the Angels: I don't have a lot of confidence in either Jered Weaver or Shane Greene at this point. But somebody has to win the game.
  • The Yankees over the Athletics: Sooner or later, the Yankees have to win a road game. Today might be the day as it will be Nathan Eovaldi versus Jesse Hahn. The Yankees have done a nice job so far of making this awful A's team look mighty good.
  • The Mariners over the Indians: Another game where I don't like either pitcher to win. Roenis Elias versus Shaun Marcum. :::shrug:::
  • The Padres over the Pirates: I do like Tyson Ross at home. Charlie Morton against Justin Upton will be a key match up.
And the Pick of the Day
Yesterday: 8-7, May: 198-172, Season: 365-337, Picks of the Day: 29-23

No comments: