I effectively reversed the results of Sunday, which makes me feel a whole lot better. Tanaka got out-dueled by Tom Koehler and I never expected the Nationals to lose their starter in the first inning due to injury. But overall, it was a good day.
- The Cardinals over the Twins: Michael Wacha has already won eight games. He should extend the Twins' slide tonight. Kyle Gibson is capable of staying with him for a while, but the Cardinals will prevail.
- The Astros over the Rockies: Chris Rusin and Vincent Velasquez are two good looking young pitchers. Velasquez is a little more erratic. But I still like Houston in this one, especially at home.
- The Padres over the Athletics: The Bud Black dismissal was not unexpected. Perhaps the team had a hangover about it last night. But they bounce back tonight and Andrew Cashner gets a rare win. Scott Kazmir goes for the A's.
- The Giants over the Mariners: I keep waiting for Robinson Cano to bust out, but he hasn't yet. and Nelson Cruz has hit a wall of sorts. Tim Lincecum will need to be good though. J.A. Happ goes for the M's.
- The Braves over the Red Sox: Again, they are talking about clubhouse issues in Boston. John Farrell's noose is getting tighter. Wade Miley won't help and Julio Teheran shuts them down...again.
- The Pirates over the White Sox: Picking Chicago was a big mistake yesterday. I won't make the same one today. Charlie Morton over Jose Quintana.
- The Orioles over the Phillies: The Phillies are so bad. Gosh. The Orioles should have no trouble here. Chris Tillman vs. Jerome Williams.
- The Yankees over the Marlins: Both Nathan Eovaldi and David Phelps are pitching against their former teams and both will be motivated. I think Alex Rodriguez needs to play third in this one and give Chris Headley a breather.
- The Mets over the Blue Jays: The Mets ended the Jays' winning streak last night and built their division lead in the process. Matt Harvey has had some poor outings lately. He needs to bounce back tonight. Scott Copeland was brilliant in his first start. Is that real though?
- The Nationals over the Rays: The Rays keep rolling and the only games they lose are when Alex Colome pitches. He pitches tonight. Tanner Roark goes for the Nats.
- The Cubs over the Indians: The same match-up as last night's postponed game: Jake Arrieta over Trevor Bauer.
- The Rangers over the Dodgers: Chi Chi Gonzalez came back to earth with a thud in his last outing. Will he bounce back? Can Brett Anderson hold down the Rangers' lineup? We'll see.
- The Royals over the Brewers: I do not know how Chris Young does it. But he does and picking against him has not worked for me. Matt Garza throws strikes. The Royals like strikes.
- The Angels over the Diamondbacks: I was wrong with this one last night and Jeremy Hellickson has been good of late. But I have to go with Garrett Richards and the Angels here.
And the Pick of the Day:
- The Tigers over the Reds: I like Michael Lorenzen. But I like the Tigers more than the Reds and I especially like what Kyle Ryan is giving the Tigers right now.
Yesterday: 9-5, June: 106-100, Season: 484-449, Picks of the Day: 37-32