Fighting the overwhelming urge to run and hide or to just plain quit, the Fan carries on and stumbles through another day of game picks. Man.
- The Dodgers over the Cubs: Will take Billingsley over Lilly.
- Oakland over Texas: A battle of inexperienced pitchers favors the one who has actually gotten his feet wet already. Outan over Hunter.
- The Pirates over the Astros: Another "oh no!" pick. Ohlendorf versus Moehler in a scintillating pitching matchup. Oh dear.
- The Nationals over the Phillies: Two more green pitchers. For crying out loud! It's Detwiler versus Happ. With games like this to pick, the Fan could continue being Happless.
- The Orioles over the Tigers: Wieters hits his first major league home run and a post game interview shows Dontrelle Willis praise the good pitch the kid hit.
- The Indians over the Yankees: The Indians' bats should jump on Pettitte and the Yankees' bats should be baffled by Lee.
- The Red Sox over the Blue Jays: Wakefield is pitching. That's good enough for the Fan.
- The Mets over the Marlins: Pelfrey versus a new kid named West. New kids haven't fared very well this year.
- The Twins over the Bay Rays: It's sad that the Bay Rays couldn't keep last year's magic going.
- The Reds over the Brewers: Cueto should beat Loop de Looper.
- The Royals over the White Sox: Only because it makes Joe Posnanski's "Banny Log" much more fun when Bannister wins
- The Rangers over the A's: Feldman wins the second game of the double header. Don't day/night double headers suck? The Fan misses good old fashioned double headers.
- The Rockies over the Padres: Rule #1. Never pick against Marquis.
- The Braves over the Diamondbacks: Rule #5. Never pick against Jurrjens.
- The Angels over the Mariners: Like Lackey over Vargas.
- The Giants over the Cardinals: Have to like Matt Cain over Pineiro.
There you have it. At least one thing is for sure tonight. The picks can't be worse than last night.
Yesterday: OH FOR FREAKIN' FIVE!