But...in the immortal words of Richard Nixon, "I am not a quitter." Of course, he did quit when faced with overwhelming evidence and the chance to get to use his "get out of jail" card. But in any event, the show must go on. Just think of this daily feature as entertainment instead of hard core prediction results.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Now that the Blue Jays have broken the losing streak, they can start to go the other way. Tallet beats Penny in what could be his last start for the Sox?
- The Marlins over the Mets: This is where a pick can go horribly wrong. The Marlins best pitcher is facing the Mets emergency starter. Should be the Marlins, right? We'll see.
- The Braves over the Diamondbacks: The Braves can't hit. But the Diamondbacks can't hit worse.
- The Dodgers over the Cubs: Dempster for the Cubs. The Cubs aren't hitting. Another dangerous pick.
- The Bay Rays over the Twins: Oh man oh man! Liriano against Price. Two total wild cards. Wish the Fan had a joker card so he could get a free pass on this one.
- The Astros over the Pirates: Have been riding on Wandy's coattails all season. Going to stay with him.
- The Nationals over the Phillies: Yeah, yeah. The Phillies have Hamel pitching. But there has to be an upset or two in here somewhere.
- The Brewers over the Reds: Bush and Harang are about even. So going with the home team.
- The Tigers over the Orioles: Have to go with Verlander, who since after his first couple of starts, has been as good as Greinke.
- The Yankees over the Indians: Sabathia should be better than Carmona. "Should" be the operative word.
- The Royals over the White Sox: The Royals are sinking. But perhaps they'll win one here.
- The Rangers over the A's: Billy Beane has to be curled up in a fetal position after yesterday's double header losses.
- The Padres over the Rockies: First day managers never win do they? Besides, the Padres have really put their team in another Geer. Ha!
- The Cardinals over the Giants: Chris Carpenter is like some mythical Shang Ri La. He never appears that often, but when he does, he's beautiful.
- The Mariners over the Angels: King Felix should be better than Palmer. There is that word, "Should," again.
Yesterday: 5-10 Geez!
Week: 35-50 Double Geez!
Month: 192-185 With a little luck, the month should finish over .500 [[eyeroll]]