But that's the way the ball bounces. The picking of Cleveland over the Bay Rays looked terrible when the Bay Rays went out to a 9-2 lead after six innings. The Indians then scored nine runs in the last two innings to win the game. Go figure. So, what's the bottom line? Picking games is a crap shoot and it's a good thing the Fan doesn't gamble.
Here are today's picks:
- The Phillies over the Marlins: Blanton is favored over a recently rehabbed Miller.
- The Blue Jays over the Orioles: The Jays losing streak has to end some time. The Jays are starting Romero who has been sterling thus far. The Orioles are getting a MLB from Berkin, so that is Rule #4.
- The Bay Rays over the Indians: Garza is pitching for the Bay Rays against Pavano. As much as Pavano has been amazing at finding a way to win and the Bay Rays bullpen is in tatters, Garza should win this game.
- The Mets over the Nationals: Is the Fan really picking the Mets to win a game that Livan Hernandez is starting? Yup. [[shiver]]
- The Reds over the Astros: Warning! Emotional pick! Micah Owings is pitching for the Reds.
- The Cubs over the Pirates: Like the Blue Jays, the Cubs have to break their losing streak some time. It might as well be against Ian Snell.
- The Cardinals over the Brewers: Wainwright is a better matchup than Once Suppon a Time.
- The Yankees over the Rangers: Good matchup of Chamberlain against Millwood. If Joba can get past the first inning...
- The Red Sox over the Twins: Despite the fact that Papelbon is scuffling [[grinning with glee]], Lester should beat Blackburn.
- The Royals over the Tigers: Superb matchup of Greinke versus Erwin Jackson. Greinke should have the edge.
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Yeah, yeah, Milton is pitching for the Dodgers, but the Rockies really look bad.
- The Diamondbacks over the Padres: The Padres have to lose some time. Might as well be against Scherzer.
- The Mariners over the A's: Washburn versus Braden should be a no-brainer. So this pick will probably be brained.
- The Angels over the White Sox: Joe Saunders should be a bit less sucky than Colon.
- The Giants over the Braves: The great Lincecum goes against the great-in-the-minors, Medlen. Would always take the proven over the unproven.
Yesterday: 6-9 Again!?