Let's hope today is a better day:
- The Royals over the Cardinals: Lohse has been struggling and hasn't seemed right. But Hochever is pitching for the Royals and he hasn't done anything. Sheesh. Okay, will go with the assumption and pick the American League team.
- The Yankees over the Phillies: Will go with Pettitte versus Happ and hope this pick isn't happless.
- The Rangers over the Astros: Feldman has been good lately (though he still isn't striking out many) and Moehler goes for the Astros. Plus, Hamilton is back for the Rangers.
- The Pirates over the White Sox: Got to go with Ohlendorf over Richard and hope this pick doesn't make the Fan look like an Ohlendork.
- The Rockies over the Tigers: Marquis was Rule #1 (never pick against Marquis) but he struggled and the rule was canceled, after which Marquis again dominated. grrrr. Okay, Rule #1 back in place.
- The Orioles over the Nationals: Because the Nationals are probably the worst of two bad teams.
- The Red Sox over the Mets: Beckett is starting to roll again and the Mets are starting Pelfrey. If the Mets win this game, will the Fan have bats in the Pelfrey?
- The Indians over the Reds: Homer Bailey is making his first start of the year for the Reds. And that, my friends, is Rule #4 (never pick a guy making his first start of the year or first start back from rehab).
- The Braves over the Blue Jays: Lowe is pitching for the Braves and the Blue Jays can't use their DH.
- The Brewers over the Twins: Yeah, Looper is pitching for the Brewers. But some dude named Swarzak is pitching for the Twins, making his first start. Rule #4.
- The Bay Rays over the Marlins: Because they are simply the better team right now.
- The Diamondbacks over the A's: Haran for the Diamondbacks should win this one.
- The Cubs over the Padres: The Fan likes this kid, Geer. But Harden is pitching for the Cubs.
- The Giants over the Mariners: Cain versus Washburn. Cain has been good of late and the Giants are a slightly better hitting club versus left-handers.
- The Dodgers over the Angels: Wolf versus Lackey. Going with Wolf.
Okay, so there are the picks. Let's hope things go more successfully than yesterday.