Let's consider last night a speed bump on the road to success. With that in the Fan's hopeful mind, here are today's picks:
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: Like Volstad over Davis. Let's see if Davis gets mad again when his new manager takes him out of the game.
- The Pirates over the Nationals: Two good young pitchers in the matchup of Lannon versus Maholm. But the Nationals bullpen is like swiss cheese.
- The Tigers over the Rangers: Another good matchup of Harrison versus Verlander. Experience will win out with a Verlander win.
- The Yankees over the Orioles: The Yankees are on a major roll. Hughes will have a good game.
- Oakland over the Bay Rays: Kazmir himself has mentioned that he is lost at the moment. Hate to hope that he stays lost but...
- The Reds over the Phillies: Harang on the hill for the Reds, Moyer for the Phillies. Has Moyer finally hit the end of the line? The Reds better hope Votto isn't gone long.
- Braves over the Rockies: De La Rosa has had flashes of brilliance for the Rockies, but Vasquez has found a home in Atlanta.
- The Blue Jays over the Red Sox: Penny has been Boston's weak spot. Cecil hasn't lost a game for the Blue Jays. Ortiz went 0-3 last night with two more strikeouts. It's getting really sad.
- Astros over the Brewers: It's been really hard to pick against the Brewers lately as they are on a major roll, but so has Wandy Rodriguez. Sticking with Wandy.
- The Royals over the Indians: Gil (ga) Meche over Carmona. They should remain about even in the game until the Indians' bullpen blows it.
- The Twins over the White Sox: Come on! The Twins can't keep losing like this, can they? Plus, Danks struggled last time out for the White Sox.
- The Cardinals over the Cubs: Carpenter is back and the Cardinals do seem to get inspired when he is pitching.
- The Marlins over the Diamondbacks: Two very inexperienced pitchers in this matchup, so when that happens, you go with the better team.
- The Giants over the Padres: Just because.
- The Dodgers over the Mets: This one could get ugly with Weaver versus Livan. Yikes!
- The Angels over the Mariners: Erwin Santana has to be Jakubauskas, right?
Yesterday: 4-11 (sigh)