Watched a little of the Indians - Brewers game last night. What a horrible display of baseball. How can so many major league pitchers not throw strikes? It's been bloody awful. But that grand slam swing by Prince Fielder was one of the most beautiful swings this viewer has ever witnessed. And besides, it made that pick correct, so viva la walk.
Okay, on to today's picks:
- The Mets over the Orioles: To show you how poorly the Mets have sunk in the eyes of baseball fandom, most of the pickers at BallHype.com are predicting an Orioles' win tonight. Hmm.. Don't think so. The Mets aren't THAT bad.
- The Brewers over the Indians: The Indians are a mess. Just a mess. Gallardo should shut them down and the Brewers should score against Sowers.
- The Phillies over the Blue Jays: Since getting to know several Blue Jays' fans via eyebleaf's blog, it pains this picker to go against the Blue Jays, but realistically, they are really stuggling. Lind isn't doing any better in the cleanup spot than Wells and Wells is still clogging up the middle batting third. He has really struggled.
- The Yankees over the Nationals: No more complaining about the Bay Rays' interleague schedule. It is the Yankees' turn to kick the poor Nationals while they are down. What did the Nationals do to tick off the scheduler getting all these interleague assignments?
- The Braves over the Reds: It's hard to pick against the Reds when Harang is pitching, but Jurrjens is pitching for the Braves and that is Rule #5.
- The Marlins over the Red Sox: Just a hunch here.
- The Cubs over the White Sox: The Cubs are the home team, so no Thome unless he plays first.
- The Rangers over the Astros: Great matchup of Millwood versus Wandy Rodriguez. Will go with the Rangers at home.
- The Pirates over the Twins: Need to stick with Maholm. He is the best pitcher nobody knows about.
- The Royals over the Diamondbacks: Two teams with terrible records squaring off here. Will go with the Royals after Gil (ga) Meche's last strong outing.
- The Tigers over the Cardinals: The Cardinals have fallen on hard times and get the hard fastball of Justin Verlander to add to their woes.
- The Rockies over the Bay Rays: The Rockies winning streak goes one more game.
- The Mariners over the Padres: Got to go with King Felix to get the win here.
- The Dodgers over the A's: The Dodgers almost never lose at home and the A's won't catch up to Kershaw.
- The Giants over the Angels: Sanchez has been pretty good for the Giants. The Angels are really scuffling.
It's a gorgeous day here in Maine. Hope your day is good too. Enjoy something fun today.