And so June is over and July is a new month. In the spirit of the Baltimore Orioles, who did not give up despite an eight run lead, here are the first picks of the new month:
- The Marlins over the Nationals: The Marlins are 8-0 against the Nationals this year. They have Josh Johnson pitching. All signs point to a win.
- The Blue Jays over the Bay Rays: Romero has been really good for the Jays. But it will be tough to beat this really hot team.
- The Red Sox over the Orioles: Beckett restores order to the Red Sox world.
- The Brewers over the Mets: Hey, if Santana can't win, these Mets can't win.
- The Twins over the Royals: Just have more belief in the Twins right now than the Royals even if Perkins is pitching for the Twins.
- The Rockies over the Dodgers: The Dodgers are just trying to hold on until Manny gets back in a couple of days.
- The Tigers over the Athletics: Verlander should have a "pahrty."
- The Cubs over the Pirates: Wells versus Vazquez. Have no clue who is going to win this game. None whatsoever.
- The White Sox over the Indians: Looks like the White Sox are trying to make their move.
- The Yankees over the Mariners: Washburn versus Pettitte in the battle of the crafty lefties.
- The Reds over the Diamondbacks: Hopefully, Cueto will be on tonight and not all over the place.
- The Braves over the Phillies: Slight edge to Jurrjens over Hamels in this one. Rollins looked sick at the plate again last night.
- The Rangers over the Angels: The Rangers got the job done last night. Millwood will beat Weaver tonight.
- The Giants over the Cardinals: Cain wins his tenth.
- The Astros over the Padres: What a match up: Moehler versus Silva. Another game where the Fan has no idea who will win.
Month: 180-186 Final for June.