Tuesday brings yet another full slate of games. The players must be getting tired at this point. And with all the early rain outs, it's not going to get much better for them. Tuesday's picks:
- The Rangers over the Bay Rays: Alex Cobb goes for the Bay Rays. Uhh...C. J. Wilson seems a safer pick.
- The Tigers over the Twins: Even the umpires are against the Twins these days. Max Scherzer needs a good outing after two stinkers in a row. The Tigers should win though as they inch closer to the Indians.
- The Phillies over the Nationals: So Jayson Werth is upset about the constant losing. What did he think when he was signing that contract? Did he think he was signing with the Red Sox? Geez already. Cliff Lee over Jason Marquis.
- The Blue Jays over the Indians: Mitch Talbot becomes the latest pitcher to pitch batting practice for the Blue Jays at home. Wasn't that fun watching Jo-Jo Reyes get that win yesterday? Good for him. The news story said one fan was brandishing a sign that said, "I believe in Jo-Jo Reyes." Wonder if that was Navin? Brandon Morrow should enjoy the run support.
- The Cardinals over the Giants: Despite the loss yesterday, Albert Pujols is getting hot. Chris Carpenter is due for a win and Ryan Vogelsong is still a nice story for the Giants.
- The White Sox over the Red Sox: The Pale Hose seem to have Boston's number this season. Phil Humber continues his surprising season and Afredo Aceves gets rocked.
- The Brewers over the Reds: This pick didn't exactly work out yesterday, but Zack Greinke should fix that. The Reds throw out Chad Reineke, who hasn't pitched in the majors since 2009. Did the Reds do that on purpose to have some sort of rhyming scheme? Greinke versus Reineke. Like it!
- The Pirates over the Mets: R. A. Dickey is listed, but he has a floppy foot. Don't know if he'll make the start. James McDonald pitches for the Pirates and he's been fairly good. No Jose Reyes for the Mets, who are already missing Ike Davis and David Wright.
- The Padres over the Braves: Every time you think the Braves are going to make a run, they have a game like yesterday. Today they face Matt Latos. Not fun. Mike Minor will try to match the zeros. Won't happen.
- The Cubs over the Astros: Carlos Zambrano is due for a meltdown. He's been awfully quiet this year. But maybe it won't be today and he'll continue to be the only Cubs' pitcher to keep winning. He faces Jordan Lyles, a 20 year old making his major league debut. Uh oh.
- The Royals over the Angels: Jeff Francis finally won a game for the Royals in his last outing, so perhaps he'll go on a roll. Hosmer and company should hit Joel Pineiro.
- The Diamondbacks over the Marlins: Going to keep riding this wave until it crashes in to shore. Ian Kennedy over Anibal Sanchez in a thriller.
- The Athletics over the Yankees: The A's hardly ever beat the Yankees, but Brett Anderson is tough and the Yankees counter with Freddie Garcia.
- The Mariners over the Orioles: Loving this Erik Bedard comeback. Jeremy Guthrie with the loss.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Dodgers over the Rockies: Ted Lilly at home is a lock. Ethier is hot again. Clayton Mortensen pitches for the Rockies.
Games of the Day: 35-26