For the first time in quite a while, we have a real short schedule on a Thursday. Only five games are scheduled. They should go like this:
- The Mariners over the Nationals: The Nationals are hot and have their pitcher, Jason Marquis, with the most amount of wins on the mound. But the Mariners counter with Michael Pineda. Pineda is as good as it gets.
- The Athletics over the Mets: This Fan always roots for Chris Capuano because of the comeback story. But Graham Godrey shut down his last opponent.
- The Giants over the Twins: If this picker had to pick between Tim Lincecum and Brian Duensing a hundred times, they would all go to Lincecum. Watch it be wrong then.
- The Cardinals over the Phillies: There is no doubt that the Cardinals are struggling. But Chris Carpenter is so due for a win that it's not funny. Roy Oswalt is the weakest link in the big four for the Phillies.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Diamondbacks over the Royals: Daniel Hudson is really good. Felipe Paulino is really unlucky.
Games of the Day: 53-31