A full slate of games on tap for Tuesday for your consideration as interleague play rolls on:
- The Pirates over the Orioles: Simple logic here is the belief in James McDonald and his stuff over Jeremy Guthrie and his results of late. The Pirates are due.
- The Rockies over the Indians: There is no faith here in Mitch Talbot. There is, however, much faith in Jhoulys Chacin.
- The Mariners over the Nationals: Not exactly enamored with Doug Fister, but if he can get past the first inning, he has a chance against Livan Hernandez, who was real good his last time out.
- The Angels over the Marlins: The Marlins have to win a game sooner or later. The odds just say they have to win some time. But how can one pick them when Javier Vazquez is pitching? Ervin Santana with the win.
- The Yankees over the Reds: Johnny Cueto should have pitched last night, but his neck hurt. [eyeroll]. The Yankees should make him pay for his weiner behavior. Besides, you have to root for Brian Gordon and that underdog story.
- The Mets over the Athletics: Again, can you pick against the Mets when Dillon Gee pitches? No, not even with Josh Outman pitching.
- The Padres over the Red Sox: This game is the only shot the Padres have in the series. Matt Latos has the kind of stuff to shut down the Red Sox and they face Afredo Aceves, who gets the start for the Red Sox.
- The Blue Jays over the Braves: This Zach Stewart cat was really impressive his last time out. He faces Mike Minor. Didn't there used to be a Zach Minor?
- The Royals over the Diamondbacks: Somehow, Luke Hochevar should beat Joe Saunders in a pitching match up not made in heaven.
- The Cubs over the White Sox: Matt Garza is familiar with the White Sox (and vice versa). The Cubs will get their share of hits versus Mark Buehrle.
- The Bay Rays over the Brewers: Ryan Braun will probably be out. Zack Greinke wasn't good his last time out. Going with Jeremy Hellickson and the Bay Rays.
- The Phillies over the Cardinals: No Albert Pujols and Roy Halladay goes for the Phillies against Kyle McClellan.
- The Tigers over the Dodgers: Clay Billingsley should be decent at home. But Max Scherzer should have a good outing in that spacious park.
- The Giants over the Twins: The pick here has to be Madison Bumgarner over Carl Pavano with two teams struggling to score runs.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Rangers over the Astros: This series is why interleague can be unfair sometimes. It creates mismatches like this series. C. J. Wilson should have no trouble beating Jordan Lyles.
Games of the Day: 51-31 This feature has been on a serious roll.