The Yankees were rained out against the Reds, so they will play two today. That make-up game puts sixteen games on the schedule today (with six day games!). Here are the picks:
- The Orioles over the Pirates: Zach Britton has better stuff than Kevin Correia. The result is that the Orioles will score more runs than the Pirates.
- The Reds over the Yankees: The Reds should jump all over Freddie Garcia and Mike Leake seems to be their good luck charm.
- The Blue Jays over the Braves: Brian Beachey is making his first start back from the DL and pitches in place of Tommy Hanson. Jo-Jo Reyes has been terrific for the Blue Jays. Where have the Blue Jays' bats gone?
- The Red Sox over the Padres: Okay, the Padres got their one win of the series. Clayton Richard will get a sore neck from swiveling around so fast and so often. John Lackey will be good enough to win.
- The Bay Rays over the Brewers: Shaun Marcum is listed for the Brewers, but he has a hip problem and could be scratched. Even if he does start...well...he has a hop problem. David Price should get the win.
- The Tigers over the Dodgers: Rick Porcello was bad his last time out. But Ted Lilly is on Don Mattingly's short leash as Lilly can't get through a line up more than twice.
- The Indians over the Rockies: The Indians should have more success with Jason Hammel than the Rockies should have with Josh Tomlin. That's the theory here.
- The Mariners over the Nationals: John Lannon's lack of strikeouts just bugs this Fan when it comes to his success. So many balls in play just has to catch up with him. Erik Bedard with the win.
- The Marlins over the Angels: Brian Sanchez will be just the first of a game of relievers for the Marlins today. Sanchez has been terrific. Joel Pineiro will be the unfortunate victim of the Marlins coming alive under the ancient one.
- The Yankees over the Reds: This make up game is a sentimental pick for Brian Gordon to win and also a pick against Johnny Cueto for his bogus neck injury that cost his team a win two days ago.
- The Athletics over the Mets: The A's are playing better with Bob Melvin. Gio Gonzalez shuts down the Mets while the A's get to R. A. Dickey.
- The Rangers over the Astros: The Astros had their chance yesterday and blew it. Colby Lewis is a question for the Rangers. He was good last time out after being real bad before that. Brett Myers is a battler, but it won't be enough for the Astros.
- The White Sox over the Cubs: Jake Peavy over Doug Davis. This should be an easy win for the White Sox. Neither Chicago team seems headed anywhere.
- The Phillies over the Cardinals: What can you say after the Cardinals' meltdown yesterday? That was ugly. They get Cliff Lee today and counter with Kyle Lohse.
- The Giants over the Twins: Yes, the Twins and Nick Blackburn are on a roll. But Ryan Vogelsong is a tough customer and the Giants don't roll over that easily.
And the Game of the Day!
- The Diamondbacks over the Royals: The Fan's main squeeze, Ian Kennedy goes for his eighth win and should get it over Jeff Francis.
Games of the Day: 52-31